Do it yourself, with inspiration to spark your creativity. Live a bold life with zero fucks to give.
Who doesn’t want to live their best life possible?
YOU’RE IN THE RIGHT PLACE IF…
- You need your home to be a sanctuary where you can escape the chaos from the daily grind & melt away stress.
- You want creative solutions to make the most out of your home’s square footage with decor tips & organizing solutions.
- You want real-life frugal tips that don’t involve living & leeching off your parents.
- You want simple gluten-free recipes that don’t taste like shit or cardboard.
- You want straightforward “green”product recommendations that ACTUALLY WORK & are budget-friendly!
Hippie & Sparky has got you covered!
JUST LIKE PATCHOULI, WE’RE NOT FOR EVERYONE
- We don’t sugar-coat shit, ever – you can expect nothing but brutal honesty, unpopular opinions & the occasional epic rookie project failures.
UNPOPULAR OPINION ALERT
We HATE Pottery Barn & World Market… why the fuck would we pay hundreds of dollars on cheaply-made-China-shit for furniture?
NO THANKS, we’ll stick to REAL vintage furniture from thrift stores, for a fraction of the cost.
- We’re real-life adults – the product of real-life humans.
- We don’t edit ourselves – we’re hopeless users of profanity. We’re the exact same online as we are in real-life. Because sometimes screaming, “FUCK IT, FUCK THIS SHIT” is more cathartic than a therapy session. #ZeroFucksGiven
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Spark your creativity with our un-cookie-cutter projects.
- Step-by-Step DIY project tutorials with pro tips.
- Learn from our rookie mistakes & what we would have & should have done differently.
- Save money with our recommendations for lesser-expensive tool & material alternatives.
THE CREATIVE GENIUSES BEHIND H&S
Hey you creative badass, we’re Tasha & Jonathan – the weirdos behind this badass DIY & lifestyle blog. We’re transplants living in Northern Virginia in a builder-grade condo that we hate.
Although we can’t as easily change the location of where we live, we can sure as hell change the interior of our builder-grade home into something that is uniquely ours – without going into debt OR draining our bank accounts. We’re all about doing the best that we can with what we have & with where we are in life.
You can find us sourcing thrift shops, antique malls, consignment stores, Habitat for Humanity ReStores & occasionally Craigslist for one-of-a-kind steals for us to transform into something that is uniquely ours.
WHAT’S WITH THE NAME?
Hippie – n: a badass who rejects the established culture; advocates.
No thanks to a toy company with a similar name, we couldn’t use “Leggo” as part of the name of our lifestyle blog. For reals. Jonathan blurted out “Hippie & Sparky” & the name stuck like gum to a shoe.
Sparky – n: a badass who plays with electricity to obtain creative sparks of genius.
ROADMAP TO SPARK CREATIVITY
We want to live the best life possible… but life isn’t always rainbows & butterflies. Exploring our little sparks of creativity helps us to “weed whack” through the weeds of everyday life. Let’s spark your creativity!
If you’d like to get in touch with us via email or snail mail, please click here. We look forward to getting to know our readers, so drop us a comment or send us an email. 🙂
SPARK YOUR CREATIVITY!
LOVE, PEACE & HAPPINESS,
TASHA & JONATHAN LEGGO